At the Discipleship Summit this year Jesus kept telling me in multiple ways to be a better listener...
1. He was a great listener! Isaiah 53-"He was led like a lamb to the slaughter, but he did not say anything."
2. Most of the time when I talk, I regret what I said
3. It's a way to be a servant
4. I can learn alot from other people
5. Listening is the best form of counseling...my response can be prayer!
As the Lord began to challenge me with this, I began asking to help me with questions to ask people...
In the hot tub that afternoon I met an amazing missionary woman who began asking me about my kiddos. Not only did she ask me about their ages, but she also asked what each of their personalities were like. I had to really think about that question. She was genuinely interested in me and it felt amazing!
This is going to take alot of effort, but through the power of the Holy Spirit it can be done! I am trusting that this will change my relationships, even with my kiddos. I am not a great listener with them. I don't always show them how I value what they have to say! I am asking the Lord to give me time each day to listen to them!
Holy to the Lord! Even my mouth...my silent mouth!